Wednesday 21 December 2011

Watermelon and Sunshine

Woo Hoo! Finally a little sunshine today : ) I caught up on the washing while Logan napped and soaked up some rays today. Its amazing how much the weather can affect our moods. 
Ahh the Christmas spirit might even be starting to build up, even though the Christmas beetles have taken a hike. (Anyone else notice this???)


This afternoon I finally found a little time to play with my sewing machine before it gets packed back away with all the mess it creates. Note to self...next house I need a Woman cave ahhh how nice would that be! Every now and then I blog-stalk Naughty Shorts and drool over her sewing/craft haven. BTW if you haven't checked out Naughty shorts yet here is the link...
http://naughtyshorts.blogspot.com/

GORGEOUS! One day when I learn patience and actual sewing skills I will make pretty dresses like these.


Anywho, enough with the rambling. This is what I made for my Lulu today:




I used the doilies I found at the Salvo's and some buttons and rifraf from the craft box. I just used a zig zag stitch over the lace in a star shape and then embellished with buttons. Simple, but pretty cool if I do say so myself. I took the inspiration from all these beautiful baby girl singlets I see everywhere. Girls clothes are much more fun than boys!

To compensate for all the excessive chocolate blogging (and eating!) of late I thought I would share a few healthy ideas for Christmas Day....

Fetta and Beetroot Salad

You need:
Fetta Cheese
Baby Beets
Spinach and Rocket mix
Slivered Almonds
Balsamic Vinegar
Honey
Salt and Pepper

Method:
Mix a half a cup of Balsamic Vinegar with a large tablespoon of honey 
Put Spinach and Rocket in a bowl 
Add drained Baby Beets and crumble over Fetta cheese
Toast some slivered almonds til a little golden
Season with Salt and Pepper, Pour over dressing 
and sprinkle with almonds before serving


You can also do the same thing with Roasted Sweet Potato instead of Beetroot and toasted Pine Nuts instead of almonds. Yum : ) 


I stole this next idea from a friends Facebook page and made it for a Christmas party. It was a big hit with the adults and kids. Have a look at his beautiful and healthy dessert....


This is easy peasy! Get a nice pineapple, seasonal fruit, skewers and marshmallows. Make skewers with chopped fruit and marshmallows. Stick the skewers into the pineapple and decorate platter with left over bits. Everyone can grab a skewer and it looks awesome. Reminds me of the old watermelon basket you used to see at BBQ's, also a cracker of an idea....


Mmmm see the sunshine is making me feel happy and watermelony. It is Christmas after all!!!!!

Bring on more sunshine x 

x Mumma K x 

No comments:

Post a Comment