Thursday 29 December 2011

Holiday musings

Yeouch! Dislike Mastitis in a big way : ( 
We are on a little holiday in Nelson Bay and here I am stuck in bed with lumpy boobs, feeling like a bus has run over me repeatedly. So I thought I would do a little blogging while the man and my girl are off snorkeling and my little man is sleeping.
What a year eh? Motherhood, second time around and 11 years after the first has been a fantastic ride. Little memories come seeping back as I watch my beautiful boy snooze. Certainly the lack of sleep is still numbing and breastfeeding, hmmph, still love/hate at times but all together its much nicer than the first time. That horrible panic combined with guilt is all but gone. Not quite at the juggling knives stage (maybe that's baby 3-4) but I feel like I have relaxed into motherhood this time.
I wonder what the next year will bring? A time of new (scary) beginnings for my 12 year old Lulu. She's starting High School and will most certainly come down from childhood with an unpleasant bump. I pray that she will hold onto all the life lessons I have tried to instill in her and just remain true to herself. She is a truly remarkable, unique, wonder of a girl. My little Logan will be starting to walk, run and climb and talk. His character is beginning to show too. Hmmm I'm not quite ready for that either. If only they could just remain babies, but maybe just sleep a bit more.
And me? what to do with myself...Work? Work from Home? Ahh that I shall think about another day!
For now I'm going to pop a few nurofen and have a nap.

Here's hoping the holidays are treating you well!

X Mumma K x 

No comments:

Post a Comment