Monday 12 December 2011

Just hand over the chocolate and nobody gets hurt...

Yesterday I decided to test out some recipes for Christmas...(yup I scoffed chocolate all day)

I'm always seeing these cool recipes and when I try them, they don't work out all pretty like the picture. 
So I shall attempt to "keep it real" here and road test as much as the shoestring budget will allow.

Here's what I got for you....


Little Chocolate Puddings

You will need: 
Chocolate Royal Biscuits
(I used Woolies Brand Rocky Road and they were delish!)
Half a block of White Chocolate
Jaffas
Spearmint leaves

Method:
Melt white chocolate, drizzle over biscuits. 

Decorate with Jaffas and Spearmint leaves.
Allow to set in the fridge

YUM!

These were soo easy and looked fantastic! Best ever : ) 


Teddy Sleigh 



You will need:
Candy Canes
Melted chocolate
Mini Milky Ways
Tiny Teddy Biscuits

Method:
Use the melted chocolate to glue the Candy Canes to the bottom of the Milky Ways
Allow to set. 
Turn over and gently squish the tiny teddy in the top.

These were really fiddly. I tried undoing the Candy Canes from the plastic but they kept slipping so I ended up leaving them wrapped and turned them over and stuck them that way. I used a little melted chocolate to "stick" the Tiny Teds on but on reflection, it kinda looked like poor Ted had pooed himself! 
Maybe use room temperature Milky ways and make a small incision in the top to put the teddy in.

Anyway it all tasted and looked great so I'm happy : ) 
Lulu's teachers are getting a plate of each wrapped in celophane as their Xmas pressie so I hope they like 'em too!
Gotta run now, I'm off to "road test" Max Brenner at Tuggerah
...mmmmmmmmmm

x Mumma K x 

No comments:

Post a Comment