Sunday 18 December 2011

Jingle Balls


Owls oh how I love Owls!!!! I have wanted one of those cool toy owl that are all the rage at the markets these days, but for $30 a pop...not gonna happen! Thats why I was SO flippin' happy when I saw these panels when I picked up the Xmas toy ones at Spotlight.


I can make not one but SIX owls for $6.50 (its classified Xmas material so half price?) OMG!!!


The big one is mine and his name is Buttons!
I'm so happy with these sewing panel things. They are good for me because I'm a terrible sewer and with Logan commando-ing all over the place, I have very little windows of time to spend at my craft table.

Lulu and I have also been busy crafters making super cool Xmas balls. I remember making these in Primary school a zillion years ago and it was so sweet making them with my girl.



Here’s what you need...



*Styrofoam balls
*Nail file
*Scraps of material (I bought 1/2 a metre in two fabrics which          was tons)
*Sequins & Lace to decorate
*Ribbon 
*Pins

Method:
Use the nail file to poke the material into the Styrofoam ball. Just aim for the edge of the material and poke away. I prefer the messy, haphazard method but you can do quarters if you prefer.
Use the lace to cover up the seams by poking in the same way.
Use a ribbon to tie a loop to hang on the tree and pin some sequins on to make it sparkle.
And tra la! The finished product..



 Easy peasy and they have all different size balls at Spotlight.

I also wanted to show off my other Xmas tree decorations from the lovely folk at Big W photos online. I just did some updated ones so Logan had some too : ) They make great presents for Grandma's or friends with new bubs too.



You simply upload photo and they turn them into awesome porcelain stars, hearts or snowflakes. It takes about 10 days and you pick them up at your local Big W store. Keep an eye on the website because they quite often have half price sales on. Here's the link to check 'em out..

Hope you are enjoying the blog! Don't forget to pass the link on to your friends. It's been a bit craft focused of late so I will do some more yummy recipes next blog.

Take care and be good coz Santa's watching!

x Mumma K x 


No comments:

Post a Comment