Saturday 17 December 2011

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like CHRISTMAS!

Good afternoon all. As we are very nearly approaching Christmas Mumma K kindly asked if I could make an appearance and share a treat (or two)... So here goes...
I personally love buttons, love them, infact if I could spend eternity bathing in buttons it wouldn't be long enough. In my love for buttons I have experimented with many different ideas, but am in love with my button ball-bell.




Here is what you need: 

  •  buttons (of your choice and size)
  • sequins (colour coordinating with buttons)
  • hot glue gun
  • polystyrene ball (spotlight, crafters shops)
  • ribbon (Christmas colour)



First and foremost it's important to choose buttons and ribbons you love and that co-ordinate... Once you have found what you want cut about a 10cm ribbon length for the 'hanger'. Glue that on first and then start building the buttons around that, working down.


I have used white buttons of different sizes and filled the gaps with sequins. I have also used glitter glue to fill the gaps in other ball-bells I have made. They are easy and therapeutic (just be careful not to burn yourself with the glue gun!), look absolutely stunning on your tree and you can show them off to ALL your Christmas guests, or better yet give them away as embellishments on gifts... oh the possibilities are endless!!!!  



And here's an example of another button ball-bell using a variety of coloured buttons, glitter glue and a matching ribbon, love much?


Happy crafting all, and only 7 more sleeps till the big fat man delivers pressies (or coal!). 



1 comment:

  1. So Awesome!!!! Thank you Mumma Em x x x Buttons Ahhhhhhhhhhh love 'em!!! Now where did I put the hot glue gun?????

    ReplyDelete