Saturday 15 September 2012

Goopy Goodness

My my where has the time gone!?! It has certainly been a very long time between posts as life, family and study have well and truly been absorbing all of my free (haha, yeah right!) time. My little sleepy man is not so much about the sleeping either these days so its very hard to grab a moments peace.

Anyways we had such a lovely afternoon today I was compelled to write...

We have been soaking up this glorious sunshine of late, after a very long winter crammed indoors. My little one is a big fan of exploring the backyard and I am also a big fan of lazing on the big orange rug watching him haha!

Today I introduced him to goop. He was so fascinated and we even managed to get the teenager out of her bedroom! Goop is cornflour mixed with water and a little paint (or food colouring, but i find it stains so I use poster paint instead). It forms both a solid and a liquid so when you grab it its hard like clay and then it runs through your fingers like water. Amazing!
I would recommend trying it out on the grass rather than the pavers though. Its hard to get off once it sets.





Big hit with both kiddies today, although Lulu did ask that next time I make the goop red so it looks more like blood. Ahhh thank you Twilight for making my darling girl thirst for blood. Gotta be thankful though, at least its not One Direction or hot pants and we draw the line at sacrificing animals in the backyard (i'm kidding really haha)

The other highlight of my boys day today was having a big magpie drop in for a visit. "Birdy, birdy!" he whispered as he watched him eat worms. Ahhh simplicity gotta love the nature and the look on his face was priceless.



Well I was thinking I might add some photos to the facebook page when I'm too busy to blog to keep the ideas flowing. I have a ton of "invitations to play", so keep your eyes peeled.

Take care and get out there and enjoy this beautiful weather x 

No comments:

Post a Comment