Saturday 15 September 2012

Would you like to play?

So since study is going to be HECTIC over the next few months, I've decided to change things up a bit. Instead of writing a huge blog I'm going to try to put a few pictures onto the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/MummaKnowsBest) and then tie it into a blog when I get more time.

Invitations to play...what on earth is that?

Something beautiful, interesting, tempting, enticing, aesthetically appealing (childcare mumbo jumbo) for little hands to explore, destroy, rearrange, arrange, experiment with.

I always use what I find around the house with a healthy dose of imagination. Something ordinary may be extraordinary to new eyes.

Please just use your brain though when planning...anything smaller than would fit into an old film canister is a choking hazard, with water- please use hands on supervision, be careful with breakables on tiles. Common sense really :D

So here is my first invitation to play...Jungle Discovery Table!


I used a old bed sheet as a table cloth, palm leaves from the garden, scrap of silky fabric as water, river stones, cane placemat, picture of Logan as a baby and some plastic animal toys.
Admittedly, the animals were a little small, but I was supervising very closely! And the reaction, well see for yourself....





  Hope you find some inspiration here to create something special yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment