Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shiny white socks

I have been fighting an endless war with school yard dirt for over 6 years now.
Before this week I believed that Napisan was working in conjunction with the school to extort money from parents by creating a thin film of black dust, infesting white school socks everywhere. (Seriously why white school socks? White in general should not be used for children's school uniforms!!!!)
Anyway peeps....I have found the magic solution! Yippeeeeeeeeeeee
I road tested homemade washing powder this week and I am a changed woman. Its remarkable. Get stains out and makes everything shiny white and soft like using a fabric softener.
Here is the recipe, try it you will be very surprised : )


1 cup Borax
1 cup Washing Soda (not bicarb!)
2 x Sunlight Soap Bars grated
Mix it all together and voila!
Use 1 small scoop per wash. It also works as a soaker (dried fingerpaint on clothes...worked a treat!)
The ingrediants are found hidden amongst the washing powders aisle in supermarkets. It cost me roughly $7 to make 2 x small old Napisan containers of powder. 
Lets face it, its not the cheapest method, but it actually cleans the clothes better than regular washing powders and another bonus is it doesn't have super strong perfume, which irritates my skin. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.




Let me know if you try it : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment